Seven signs you’re ready to move homePosted on 25th March 2019 in News
When it comes to home-owning, the seven-year itch is actually a nine-year itch (apparently), with the average homeowner wanting to move home after almost a decade. And while it can feel like an upheaval, there are some signs that you probably shouldn’t ignore. We’ve pulled together a selection of some of these which may tell you it’s time to move home, perhaps to a new place in Glasgow? Do any of these sound familiar?
- Your home feels too small (or too big) – this sounds rather obvious doesn’t it? Either every cupboard is bursting at the seams or there are empty rooms you resent having to clean. Your family is growing or the kids are moving away.
- You check house-moving websites first thing in the morning and last thing at night, it’s almost as addictive as Instagram. You want to be the first to see any new properties coming onto the market, don’t you?
- You’re “parking” the DIY – what’s the point? Keeping up with basic maintenance just feels like an unnecessary chore. And it keeps you away from refreshing the Rightmove app (see #2).
- You can only see what’s wrong with your house – not enough storage space? No driveway? Forgetting what you once loved about your home can be a sign that your needs have changed and it’s time to see what’s out there.
- You begin to imagine decorating a new home – it feels like the exciting new project you need and so you start buying interiors magazines and window shopping at B&Q.
- The outside space just isn’t working – the garden isn’t big enough or people are parking in “your” space on the (public) road (how dare they?)
- You yearn to be in a different area – whether it’s for a shorter commute, better schooling or to an area friends have moved too. You’re up for a change.
If any of these sound familiar, give us a call or contact us here – we’d be happy to talk things through because we know it’s a big decision. We’re there every step of the way for our clients looking to move home in Glasgow.